As the weather begins to change, it is important to take precautions to ensure your health remains in peak condition. Because you’ll be spending more time indoors, it is a good opportunity to employ new and enhanced oral health care habits to keep your smile shining. For instance, did you know that chewing sugarless gum after meals can help prevent cavities? It’s true, and here are a few more facts you may not have known about chewing gum:
– Are you aware that sugarless chewing gum can promote the existence of saliva, a known substance for reducing plaque buildup and harmful acids in your mouth?
– Did you know that sugarless gum can help prevent cavities when chewing gum for a period of over 20 minutes after meals?
– Although heartburn is caused by harmful acids traveling up your esophagus, it may be possible for sugarless gum to help neutralize and prevent its effects on your teeth.
– Have you heard that chewing sugarless gum after meals for roughly 20 minutes can be highly effective for preventing cavities and plaque buildup?
– Did you know that sugarless gum tends to be much less abrasive on your tooth enamel than other cleaning utensils, including toothpaste?
– Did you know that sugarless chewing gum should not be used as a direct replacement for brushing and flossing, but rather as a supplemental cleaning tool?
– Were you aware that sugar-free gum is much healthier for your smile than gum with sugar?
You may be at an elevated risk for poor oral hygiene. Dental Arts Of Drexel Hill is here to help you with all your oral health care needs. For a comprehensive diagnosis from our team at our dentist office, you can book an appointment by calling us at (610) 449-1513 in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania. Our caring dentists, Drs. Jeannette Abboud, Stephen Niemczyk, and Jonathan Browning are happy to help you with your oral health needs!